Secure Remote Worker FAQ
Secure Remote Worker (SRW) is a desktop program installed to agent’s personal computers, that creates a secure end point environment that is separated from their personal BYOD device computer profile.
- As a software only solution, SRW is much cheaper and faster to set up, launch and deploy for your staff than purchasing them a dedicated laptop for their work activities.
- A secure workspace environment is temporarily deployed on the agent’s device every time they log in, disabling access to the underlying operating system. This means locally saved files and applications are only accessible within their environment.
- By default, we disable access to external storage devices such as USB sticks and portable hard drives.
- Only a limited number of pre-installed basic desktop apps are installed on the agent’s SRW profile. Additional required applications can only be installed by BruntWork’s IT team and with your permission, which means they will not have access to personal applications while logged in such as computer games and other non-work executables.
- A log of agent login/logoff session times is recorded if required and available on request for forensic diagnosis.
BruntWork’s IT team will facilitate the installation on the agent’s device.
In general, the process usually takes between 3-5 business days or around 7 business days if you require additional custom applications installed to their profile.
Official HIPAA and PCI compliance must be certified by a recognised independent company or organisation.
Compliance arises from assessment against a range of guidance factors, which are non-specific.
A BYOD secure end-point environment is a significant factor to enable compliance certification, particularly if the specific profile rules applied to your agent’s SRW profile are highly restrictive.
Your organisation’s own internal processes to interact with your BruntWork agent are also relevant in determining compliance, and use of SRW itself is not necessarily determinative of HIPAA or PCI compliance.
No, your agent must be using either Windows 10 or Windows 11.
Mac OS is not supported on Secure Remote Worker.
Low Cost & Flexible Solution
BYOD device solutions are low cost, flexible and scalable ways to quickly onboard new staff with existing equipment and infrastructure.
Secure Remote Worker is in practice identical to providing your staff with a dedicated and separate work computer, without the need for additional hardware and associated costs.
Enabling PCI, HIPAA, & GDPR Compliance
In ‘worker mode’, a temporary, secure workspace is launched, locking the user out from their underlying OS. Our Dual Persona technology completely segregates the personal and corporate usage of the device.
By default, only specifically selected whitelisted apps are installed by BruntWork’s dedicated IT team, with options for customisations to suit your agent’s and business requirements.
This solution enables compliance with PCI, HIPAA, & GDPR on the endpoint, subject to specific restrictions on your agent’s workspace profile.
We are different from the usual outsourcing company you might encounter.
Our process starts with a personalised Discovery Call to understand your business and find the right outsourcing solution for you. Get in touch with us today.